Efficient and effective key in delivery of development initiatives - Mr. Bheki S. Bhembe
SADC DEVELOPME T FI A CE RESOURCE CENTRE (DFRCl
CORPORATE GOVERNANCE WORKSHOP
FOR DEVELOPME T FINANCE INSTITUTIONS
HELD ON 16_19TH NOVEMBER 2015 AT ROYAL SWAZI SUN HOTEL IN
- The Representative of the CEO of SADC DFRC - Dr. Herrick Mpuku
- Our Esteemed Facilitators for the Workshop
- Senior DFI Executives Present here Today
- Distinguished international and local Board Members
participating at this workshop.
- It’s an honour and a privilege for me to have been invited to be part of the official opening ceremony for this very important training workshop in Corporate Governance.
- I would like to pay a special tribute to the SADC DFRC Secretariat for choosing the Kingdom of Swaziland to be the host country for the workshop on this occasion, and bring to our shores the wealth of experience of the international SADC DFls participants.
- May I also extend a warm welcome to all our visiting participants from the various countries.
- I would like to commend the local DFls namely; FI CORP, SWAZIBANK and SIDC, for taking up membership in this very important SADC organ and their active participation. I am sure that these institutions have learnt a lot from this organ through information exchange and sharing of best practices in the DFT sector.
- We all know that hosting such international training events brings about immense offspring benefits for the host country. I therefore encourage the visitors to take some time to experience the scenic beauty and hospitality of the Kingdom of Swaziland.
- The SADC Region needs efficient and effective delivery of development initiatives at our respective economies, which can only be achieved if we get our Governance right.
- In Swaziland we have seen mainstream commercial financial institutions slowly crowding in Development Finance. Investment Houses are also invading the development finance space; Pension Funds are encroaching into long term development finance; - the list is endless. As a result the sector is increasingly becoming