Website Designed and developed by SIMMSS
What are the main activities of the DFRC?
The DFRC was established principally to support SADC Development Finance Institutions (DFIs) to be more efficient agents of development in line with their mandates, through:
- Capacity building to meet critical training and staff development needs of DFIs;
- Policy research and advisory services: to improve the policy, institutional and regulatory environment of DFIs in line with best practices; institutional strengthening through adoption of good corporate governance practices; improve the investment environment; and capital markets deepening for efficient resource mobilisation toward growth-enabling sectors.
- Supporting sub-regional cooperation and the achievement of regional integration through, inter alia, the SADC Regional Indicative Strategic Development Plan (RISDP);
- Advisory services to SADC governments and to DFIs on development finance;
- Providing a platform for information, knowledge and experience sharing on development finance matters and adoption of best practices; and
The DFRC is, therefore, a critical institution for supporting the development of the financial sector and regional development.