Website Designed and developed by SIMMSS
Resource Mobilisation, a difficult function for executives of DFIs in the region - Mr. Dumisani J. Msibi
RESOURCE MOBILIZATION PROGRAMME FOR DEVELOPMENT FINANCE INSTITUTIONS HELD ON 21-23 JUNE 2016 AT EZULWINI HAPPY VALLEY HOTEL IN SWAZILAND
SADC DFRC Representative
Our main facilitator,
- Senior DFI Executives Present here Today.
- Distinguished visiting and local participants.
- A very Good Morning to you all.
- It’s indeed an honour and a privilege for me to have been invited to be part of the official opening ceremony for this very important training course in Resource Mobilization for DFIs. At the outset I would like us to acknowledge that this is one of the most difficult functions for executives of DFIs in the region against the backdrop of diminishing liquidity holding in domestic economies following the emerging concepts of free movement of capital and labour in the global community.
- I want to pay a special tribute to the SADC DFRC Secretariat for choosing the Kingdom of Swaziland to be the host country for this training course and this point allow me to also extend a warm welcome to all our visiting participants from the other SADC countries.
- I also wish to commend the local DFIs namely FINCORP, SWAZIBANK and SIDC for taking up the membership of this very important regional network of SADC Development Finance Institutions in order to enhance learning and sharing of best practices in development finance and economic development in general. I am aware that a new Development Finance Institution namely National Industrial Development Corporation of Swaziland (NIDCS) has been recently set up in Swaziland and they are part of this workshop. A warm and special welcome to NIDCS to the family of DFIs.
- Many people may not be aware that SADC DFI Network is actually a subsidiary institution of SADC Economic Block established under the SADC Finance and Investment Protocol (FIP) hence the network is ultimately accountable to the SADC Council of Ministers through the Integrated Committee of Ministers which feeds to the Heads of State.
- The SADC DFI Network currently