Website Designed and developed by SIMMSS
You will be expected to steer BURS to newer and greater heights - Mr. Wankie B. Wankie: Page 4 of 5
- as a Board, we have specific meetings dedicated to dealing with the performance of the BURS Strategic Plan.
- This is to say to us, that we must, if need be, be prepared to look into these areas and review our charter and code of conduct. Further, we might be required to look at the scheduling of our Board meetings and determine whether we need to introduce themed meetings, so that matters such as the execution of the strategic plan; are not dealt with as side issues, and introduce dedicated meetings to deal with the performance in relation to the BURS Strategic Plan.
- As you might be aware, the BURS Board has approved a 5 year Corporate Strategic plan spanning from 2014-2019. In 2015, we adopted a Transformation Agenda to focus the Strategy on our Customers, Employees, Culture and Communication. The strategic Plan is currently being reviewed to determine how BURS has performed in relation to the implementation of the Plan and to review progress made over the past two and half years.
- The other recent developments in BURS are:
- The development of standards for Change and project management;
- The review of the Organisation and Pay Structure to enable the attraction and retention of the right personnel. BURS is currently negotiating the structure with the recognised Union, following which the structure will be implemented.
- Approval of an implementation of a revised Performance Management System; and
- The introduction of E-Services and new Customs and Tax Management systems.
- All of these mean that you have your work cut out for you and I have confidence that you will be able to deliver on the mandate of BURS.
- The journey of the BURS Board is not without challenges. Some of the challenges that we face as a Board are:
- Inability to get representation from the private sector in the Board;
- Slow developments in ICT Governance in spite of handling confidential information in the Revenue Service;
- Attraction and retention of skilled personnel, such as from the I.T and Legal sectors.